- By Admin
- Jun 13, 2018
- 1 Comments
- 3 Likes
- 726 Views
Having a small apartment is good in many ways - you don't have to break your back cleaning it all day or you won't have to spend a lot to buy furniture and décor.
But, then you are left with one of the most challenging things - ‘how to get the best out of your small apartment?’ Whether you are living in a studio apartment in a high-rise complex or you have got lucky with a cute 1BHK row house, you would obviously be looking for clever ways to create more room in your home.
Here are 10 great ways to make the most of every inch of space in your sweet home -
1. De-clutter Clutter can make any place seem small. Remove the extra things and free up as much space as you can. There should be free spaces to provide easy access around the room. Restricting to the essentials would be the best thing to do.
2. Create zones Creating zones is best thing to do if you live in a studio apartment. Separation helps add the much required space. Consider all the things you do in your home- welcome guests, eat, sleep, work; establish distinct zones for every activity. Use rugs, curtains or room partitions to segment the space.
3. Buy big furniture pieces Too many small pieces of furniture scattered across the place might make the apartment look too cluttered. Instead, if you choose a few larger pieces of chairs, stools, etc., it will make the place feel even bigger and airier.
4. Use the ceiling to create the feeling of spaciousness Choose a darker color tone for the ceiling to create an illusion of depth, but don’t choose too dark a tone as it may spoil the entire look.
5. Add some floor effects Along with the ceiling, a light colored floor will further enhance the effects. Choose light colored floor tiles, or wooden flooring like bamboo or lighter colored wood to add a spacious feel and more naturalness to the interiors.
6. Smart storage Create easy storage options at different places to get rid of the clutter. Popular storage options include side tables, TV storage units, bed with storage, etc.
7. Mirror effect Decorative mirrors on the walls or on tables are a great way to create the illusion of more space. Positioning mirrors strategically, like a large mirror across from a window will distribute more light throughout the room and also create a feeling of spaciousness.
8. Window drapes When it comes to drapes, choose light colors and lighter material that allows air and light inside the room.
9. Maintain visual continuity Establish visual continuity by creating even-toned rooms with delicate patterns and textures to create a space that looks open and airy.
10. Add a chandelier Pick a slender looking chandelier, like a pendant chandelier-that creates the effect of a larger space. Don't put a large chandelier as it can make the room look too crowded, even if it’s only about taking the ceiling space. Make your small apartment look spacious with these useful tips. Contrary to the common belief that living in a small space means that you just have to “make do”, there’s actually a lot that you can do to make your home look spacious and roomier!
You May Also Like
Feb 14, 2019
- Understanding Sale Deed in India
- How to apply for a NEW PAN card in India
- Mindspace REIT listing INDIA after Embassy REIT Success
- GOVT considering 100% FDI in completed housing projects
- Karnataka may cut property guidance value value by 5-10%
- Projects under RERA to get six month extension
- TNRERA Extends Project completion date by Five months
- RBI Extends Moratorium On Loans For Another 3 Months Till August
- How To Apply Encumbrance Certificate In Tamil Nadu
- Know all about KHATHA