- By Admin
- Mar 10, 2020
- 0 Comments
- 0 Likes
- 1821 Views
Much has been said about the traffic congestion along the one of the busiest stretches in the country – from Poonamallee to Sriperumbudur along the Chennai-Bengaluru highway. But this is going to be rectified real soon with six-lane expressway project.
Having been in the pipeline for a while, the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) have finally commenced talks of bringing it to life. It is observed that they have floated tenders for the project! The project is estimated to cost around 2,165.27 crore and the elevated project will be an extension of the Bengaluru-Chennai Expressway, according to NHAI officials.
The distance cover about 254 kms starting from Hoskote in Bengaluru and ending at Sriperumbudur in Tamil Nadu. “The six-lane elevated project is aimed at providing faster traffic between express highway and the Chennai outer ring road via Poonamallee. Motorists taking express highway can travel faster,” said official sources.
The plan is for an elevated highway of 11 km to connect Maduravoyal to Nazarethpet, thereby connecting the Chennai Port with Sriperumbudur through elevated road as informed by H M Naqvi.
The average number of vehicles crossing the Chennai-Bengaluru highway is about 75000 so officials hope that the elevated corridor will help ease the congestion between Poonamallee and Sriperumbudur. This will reduce the travel time considerably!
The project has officially kicked off the ground and the estimated time of completed is estimated to be in about 4 years’ time. The government has commenced the process for land procuring so the work has started.
You May Also Like
- Understanding Sale Deed in India
- How to apply for a NEW PAN card in India
- Mindspace REIT listing INDIA after Embassy REIT Success
- GOVT considering 100% FDI in completed housing projects
- Karnataka may cut property guidance value value by 5-10%
- Projects under RERA to get six month extension
- TNRERA Extends Project completion date by Five months
- RBI Extends Moratorium On Loans For Another 3 Months Till August
- How To Apply Encumbrance Certificate In Tamil Nadu
- Know all about KHATHA